- Surrender your driver’s license to the MDOT MVA.
- No time will be credited for suspension without the surrender of your license.
- If you no longer have your license, you must make a statement explaining its loss or theft.
- After completing the suspension period, you may return to driving.
If you are suspended for receiving between 8 – 11 points on your license, there are two choices:
The first choice is to accept the suspension:
If you choose to accept the suspension, it is critical that you return your license as soon as possible.
No credit will be given towards suspension time until you turn in your license or give a statement to the MVA indicating that the license has been lost.
If you have a learner’s permit or a provisional license:
1) DIP Class
2) Second Offense: 30 days of license suspension and 90 days of restriction.
3) Third Offense: 180 days of suspension and 180 days of work/home restriction. Must attend Young Driver Improvement Program.
4) 180 day revocation.
Please note: For Learner’s Permit and Provisional License holders, the waiting period to progress to the next stage of licensing begins again after each conviction.